Saturday, October 8, 2011

I’m Baaack ... Sort of!

Sorry for the long delay in posting more entries on the blog.  A lot has been going on and I’ve been busy, but the main reason I haven’t been able to post anything is the lack of internet connectivity.  This is something I have been struggling with for about 4 weeks since we moved to site.  The computer modem we had purchased earlier and used during the training period has become all but useless at our permanent site in Limpopo.  I am able to connect to the internet with the modem, but every time I attempt to go to any website, it times out well before the web page is loaded.  So frustrating.

I have been fortunate to have a BlackBerry device which has allowed me to continue to check email and Facebook.  Unfortunately, the carrier supporting this device limits a lot of other functions, including updating my blog site.  What is so bizarre is that I can actually get to the blog site and sign-in but it won’t allow me to type anything other than a title.  Again, so frustrating.  I’m kind of getting used to the fact that everything takes longer to do here in South Africa (SA), but haven’t gotten used to the fact that I seem to hit a wall in attempting to do so many things that I could do easily back in the USA, or even elsewhere here in SA.

So, here’s my solution to updating my blog.  About once a month or so, John and I will be going to Polokwane, our designated shopping town.  I’m counting on this town having adequate internet access.  If that is, indeed, the case, I will at least be able to update the blog monthly.  Not ideal, but do-able … I hope!  I plan to write a few blogs “stories” weekly and upload everything when I’m in town.

Thanks for your patience! Mine, on the other hand, is wearing thin!

No comments:

Post a Comment